news

ROSIE'S POP DIARY. 25th October. Apotheca.

Who are you?
A comedian, writer and former singer songwriter. I released an album in 200 called Precious Hours, which you can download from I-Tunes or listen to on Spotify.

What’s your show about?
My journey from music to comedy and the adventures me and my band had trying to make it back in the 1990s at the height of Britpop.

Is this the first time you’ve played in Manchester?
No, I love playing XS Malarkey, The Frog and Bucket, Laughing Cows and more. I did my previous solo show The Science Of Sex at the Comedy Store last year as part of the science and comedy festivals. I actually live in London now but originally am from the North West and still have family and friends there.

How long have you been doing comedy?
5 years.

Anything else you want to add?
I have some very nice press quotes about the show and handful of 4 star reviews.

"With her self-deprecation and spiteful bitchy asides, Rosie Wilby’s Pop Diary blended delicious volumes of vocals and sparkling stand-up humour." Western Daily Press

"Good music, good comedy and a feelgood show – a winning combination." Oxford Times

"Rosie Wilby is the most genuine comic I’ve seen this year… Rosie’s Pop Diary is a delicate, endearing delight..." Fringe Guru (4 stars)

"an altogether generally lovely experience" Three Weeks (4 stars)

"fabulous songs and entertaining anecdotes" Edinburgh 247 (5 stars)

"A lovely show with a lot of heart" Remote Goat (4 stars)

"Wilby is an accomplished singer, lyricist, comedian and story teller... I loved it" ScotsGay (4 stars)

Show starts at 7PM.
Tickets are £5.

Visit ROSIE'S POP DIARY page here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home