news

SAM AVERY - ROCK'N'DOLE. 19th October. Apotheca.

Who are you?
My name is Sam Avery. I’m a 33-year-old toddler from Liverpool. This is my début solo show which I plan to take to the Edinburgh Fringe next summer.

What’s your show about?
My show is about my short forage into the music industry as a feckless 17-year-old with delusions of grandeur. We were really lucky to get a record deal when we were still in school, so the show looks at our supposed journey to stardom as naïve teenagers who didn’t have a clue. Did we get there? That would be telling, but the fact my tickets are a mere £5 in a 40 seater venue and not £45 in a ten thousand seater might give you a clue! Anyone who’s ever been in a band or is a music fan will hopefully enjoy this show.

Is this the first time you’ve played in Manchester?
First time in the Festival proper – I did the City Life Comedian of the Year final in 2005 but I didn’t win so it’s hardly worth mentioning. I’ve gigged in Manchester on a regular basis since I started comedy.

How long have you been doing comedy?
Properly since 05, but only really taken it seriously since 07.

What are the 3 funniest words in the English language?
Blamanche. Glockenspiel. Boff.

Anything else you want to add?
If anyone has every followed their dream and failed, you will enjoy my show. I also like the press quote below.

"One of Liverpool’s best-loved comics" - Liverpool Echo

Show starts at 8:15PM.
Tickets are £5.

Visit SAM AVERY - ROCK'N'DOLE page here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home