news

PHIL BUCKLEY'S STUPID WORLD TOUR. 24th October. Apotheca.

Who are you?
Hello, my name is Phil Buckley and I’m a comic from Bury, I’ve gigged around the world with this show in Edinburgh, Australia, New Zealand, and the USA. I’ve also toured three separate solo shows, one of which was nominated for best comedy show at the Buxton Festival Fringe. I’ve been a finalist in ‘City Life Comedian Of The Year’ & The Frog & Bucket’s ‘Beat The Frog World Series’ and was a support act for American comic Pablo Francisco.

What’s your show about?
Stupidity, mainly my own but there are tales of other people who have amazed me with their crazy behaviour.

Is this the first time you’ve played in Manchester?
No, I’m from Manchester so have performed all over town and do so on a fairly regular basis. I haven’t performed during the festival since 2008, when I was in the final for City Life Comedian Of The Year at the Comedy Store.

How long have you been doing comedy?
I’ve been a regular on the comedy scene since 2003, but I did my very first gig in 2001 when I was a student at Salford University. I was doing their famous stand-up module which previously had given the world Peter Kay and Steve Edge.

What are the 3 funniest words in the English language?
Moustache, Baboon, Boobs.

Anything else you want to add?
I toured this show originally in 2009 with dates up and down the country including a sell out show at The Lowry and I really can’t wait to perform it again in Manchester. I also have some nice press quotes.

***** "Elevating the silly and ridiculous to brilliant comic art" - The Skinny
**** "Downright hilarious. Interspersed with some savvy observations" - Three Weeks
**** "A warm-hearted feel good show" - Manchester Evening News
**** "A rock solid performance" - Citylife
"Top-class" - Time Out (Sydney)
"The best example of comedy timing I have seen this year" - The Scotsman
"All Round Funny Man" - The List

Show starts at 8:15PM.
Tickets are £5.

Visit PHIL BUCKLEY'S STUPID WORLD TOUR page here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home