news

VLADIMIR MCTAVISH: A SCOTSMAN'S GUIDE TO BETTING. 19th October. Apotheca.

Who are you?
Vladimir McTavish, Comedian. I’ve appeared at numerous festivals in the UK and abroad and in 2008 I was the only UK act to appear at the Aspen Comedy Festival in Colorado.

What’s your show about?
It’s a sideways look at the culture of gambling, and at the darker side of compulsive behaviour. In the 12 months leading up to this year’s Fringe, despite being a complete gambling novice, I placed a series of outrageous bets every month, in an attempt to finance my Edinburgh run. This is the story of whether I succeeded or not, and also a tale about human stupidity and of everyone’s desire to make a quick buck.

Is this the first time you’ve played in Manchester?
No. I’ve been playing gigs in Manchester since appearing at the old Buzz Club in Chorlton in the mid-1990′s. I always love coming to the city, in spite of a woman in the audience at the Frog & Bucket once assaulting me with her handbag while I was on stage.

How long have you been doing comedy?
Since the 1990′s which is rather a scarily long time to be doing the same job. I reckon I’ve been in the business for nearly twenty years. The same amount of time as you used to get for murder.

What are the 3 funniest words in the English language?
Word, English and Language

Anything else you want to add?
Funny is also quite a funny word.

Oh and the show sold out at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe and picked up some brilliant reviews.

“For his intelligence and showmanship this is compulsory viewing” The List
“Nothing short of superb” **** The Scotsman
“Masterful” Metro
“Compellingly intelligent… a born raconteur” **** One4Review

Show starts at 9:45PM.
Tickets are £5.

Visit VLADIMIR MCTAVISH : A SCOTSMAN'S GUIDE TO BETTING page here


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home